Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day: 010 Back to Class

So I guess alot has happened since my last post. I went to the surgeon on day 8 for my one week follow up. We took X-Rays, which I will post one below, and he took a look inside my mouth. Contrary to what I thought, I was supposed to be brushing my teeth during the past week but I was unsure if I was supposed to so I waited until the appointment. When I went to the bathroom a bunch of dead skin and dried blood fell out, it was quite a scene.

He said my jaw is looking good so far, he removed the two stitches on the outside of my face (you cant event see where they made a cut) and he put on some new bands which are awful. They're supposed to help pull my jaw forward to get it into the correct positioning. Now I have lost all hope in being able to talk and my next appointment isn't for a week and a half.

I went back to class yesterday, it went pretty smoothly for the most part. I got some help from a friend of mine to drive me to class and all my professors were pretty understanding and helpful in the situation, which was pretty awesome.

For the most part pain is still pretty moderate as I am taking ibuprofen every 4 hours now, instead of hydrocodiene. My swelling has decreased a bunch there there is still much more left and for the most part all that is numb for me right now is my goatee and my cheeks and some of my nose.


No comments:

Post a Comment