Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day: 006 Multi-Day Update

Wow.... sorry I have been bad at keeping this updated... All of the days have kind of just blurred together over the last few days. Every four hours take medicine, do a little walk around the house, and maybe have some protein shake so I don't lose too much weight (which I am perfectly content with losing a bunch of weight).

Things have improved greatly since my last post. I've began trying to drink out of those protein shaker cups since it is somewhat of a small hole. It works sometimes and others, half the drink ends up on my shirt. I tend to have a parent standing by to spot me and let me know if I am spilling since I normally do not know it until it is too late. As weird as it sounds, I have pretty much reverted back to being treated like a baby since I cannot do anything by myself.

On a nasty note, so do not read this paragraph if you have a weak stomach.... I have been using Q-tips to help clear out my nose a bit over the last two days, sometimes with hot water sometimes without. Well I quit today after I managed to pull out a solid chunk almost 2 inches in length... It was unreal. It kept coming out and I won't go into detail but my nose felt amazing afterwards. I COULD FINALLY BREATH THROUGH MY NOSE... for the most part.

But swelling over the last fews days have greatly decreased, I have been pulling a few random chunks of skin/blood from the inside of my mouth. I guess this is somewhat normal, I cannot wait until Tuesday when I go to the surgeon to hopefully brush for the first time... It'll be awesome!

My nights have been terrible compared to the days. I am pretty much off of the Codeine now but still taking some strong ibuprofen. During the days I can normally stretch out taking medicine to 5 or 6 hours but at night I can hardly make it 3.5 hours due to the pain, not sure why it gets so bad at night but it is. Last night the backside of both sides of my upper jaw felt absolutely awful. I'm guessing since they split my upper pallet into 3 pieces and I was just starting to get feeling back in my mouth so I was not yet used to it yet.

I think I have roughly covered everything so far... except in the last few hours my mouth is continually watering from food commercials and my parents baking pizza. I have not gotten sick of chocolate protein shakes yet, but I definitely miss pizza... It is starting to set in how rough this is going to be... food wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment