Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 003: Thanksgiving....

Well I am currently in a recliner, that I have been in for roughly the last 48 hours. It hasn't been too bad, aside from sitting next to the kitchen where my family helped make thanksgiving dinner and took it to my grandparents house. Thank god, because it would've been awful listening to them all eat that food all night but I also did not want them to not celebrate Thanksgiving because of me.

I have not had an update since I got home so here it goes... I ended up getting a 3 Lefort I surgery done on the top of my mouth, which they pretty much split my upper pallet into three pieces to widen it, which in retrospect is kinda depressing because I had to use a spacer for at least year in middle school so I went through all the slow pain for nothing. My swelling has slowly gone up and down over the last few days. I have mastered the level of slowly drinking out of a syringe like a baby calf, as pathetic as it sounds, it feels great to drink something other than medicine and water. I have lost close to 10 pounds already but that is probably due to me barely scarfing down two protein shakes in the last 4 days. I honestly have no idea how I have survived doing that because before I could eat all day if I felt like it.

I hope my swelling continues to go down over these next few days since I will probably be sitting in class here in a hand full of days, that'll be quite the scene if I am still pretty swollen but we will see, I just cannot wait until I can drink out of a cup because it is such a hassle to drink minuscule ounces through a syringe.

I hope this rough feeling I have at the back of my pallet goes away over time, I assume it is from when they moved my upper pallet forward but there feels to be a big bulging scar coming from back there, I guess we will have to wait and see. Also. I think I have developed my own sign language with my parents for asking for different things since I have not been able to talk in about 4 days.... fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment